New Blogger and Ideas.

Hello all! First just a little bit about me and why I’m here. Shawn has graciously allowed me to participate in this blog and speak about whatever I wish. Following Shawn’s lead, most of my posts will focus on what I see going on in the city, anything from the economy to social issues etc… I enjoy reading the newspaper and people-watching, which is where most of my ideas and inspiration will come from.

A little about me… I’m a 21 year old female at York University studying criminology and psychology. I’ll be going into my final year in September, which is exciting of course. I hope to work in the area of parole/probation to help offenders avoid falling into the downward cycle of repeat offenses and despair. Of course, that all depends on what I can get upon graduation.

Lately, I have been thinking more and more about social issues that affect us all. We all share the environment, and without it we could not exist. At the same time, we need a strong, healthy economy and society. However, these ideas are not mutually exclusive. On the contrary, we need all of these things for our city, our country and the world to function. What we need to accomplish is balance in all aspects of life, both individually and globally. It is time for all of us to start thinking about the ways we can improve our world. You may be thinking, ‘what can I possibly do? I’m just one person.’ What if everyone thought that way? We would never get anywhere. We can all make small steps and conscious decisions that improve our world. Instead of tossing that pop can in the trash, recycle it. There, you’ve already made a difference.

What I ask of you is to think before you act and make smart decisions. It doesn’t take a lot of effort to recycle that newspaper or that pop can. For the sake of our environment, make the right decision.

Comments