Farmers Markets

I have been going to Farmers Markets for years here in Toronto, and also in other cities, they are always great to visit and pay food at. There is no best one in my mind, and there never will be, every Farmers Markets has there own feel to them. There are two in my area during the summer, and I enjoy them but really they are too far to walk to which I would love to do. The one thing we need in my area is a year round Farmer's Market to bring local food to the market, and having this closer to people.



The above photo is from The Dufferin Grove Organic Farmers' Market which is open year round. I enjoy photos like this as they always make me happy to see people wanting to support local farmers in the nearby area.


If you look at the amount of food wasted at the Local Grocery Store that trucks in food from around the world, you would be angry and mad at everyone involved in the store. Below is a photos of fresh food from a Grocery Store which most will get thrown out.



Everyone should be pushing more local foods, and stop saying that food from California or Florida or even China (yes I have seen food from China) is good for everyone as the food is fresh. This is the last photo blog post, and you should really feel sick after the photo:





In Other News, I have been enjoying the video below of Youth are working on Environmental issues. Youth are what make me happy about the movement I am in, as they are the hardest working people ever. I never see Youth backdown from anything and they is always a way to get involved as a Youth. This video is one year of activism with the groups around North America, and seeing how if you have the energy anything can happen.

Comments

Unknown said…
what a great blog post, shawn! people in our family need to be informed about this issue - for e.g. our parents! we try to buy local and organic as much as possible...

thanks!