Huge Problems in Tiny World

I have been hearing lately lot of news about Stephen Lewis the UN Envoy for AIDS/HIVS for Africa.. I feel that in Canada he gets to make a lot of noise as Canadian's like to know about big achiever in the World.. I am not sure that he is really making an impact in the USA in helping aids in Africa.. From what I have heard and read he is an amazing guy, and is doing lots in the UN to reform countries minds in getting them to look at Africa differently...

Aids around the world is huge, and is a growing problem in many places, but that isn't the only problem that is out there.. There are so many other problems that are turning people into doing better things in our world.. Look at Poverty in the world, that is the number one issue that needs to be dealt with.. In every country there is are different ways to save the problem, but overall just getting people food water and shelter is the best way..

All we need to do is get out of having so many luruxies, and just look at how many people live without TV or Cars or even a bed to sleep on.. I feel that there is so many things we can do to create a better way of live for us and for the poorest people.. If we just lived a more equal life, where everyone had the same amount of things then poverty would be 100 times less then it is right now.. The reason people don't want to do that is they want to feel rich..

I can at a drop of a bottle live without everything that isn't food, water, or shelter.. The only other thing I might need once in awhile is a computer, and beyond that I can live forever.. I know for myself, I am one of the rare people who don't care about having tons of things at all.. Next time I go out into the world I will live with less and use my mind to decide if I really need things..


Huge Shanty Town






Update: I think that if you throw money at the problem that doesn't help at all.. Money doesn't solve the whole problem, and you need to live in that situation to get the right feel of the problem.. Money works as many orgs can use it to improve the projects they are working on.. Everyone says they don't need money but they need people to feel their pain, or just talk to them..

Comments

om said…
is giving up luxuries really the way? suppose everyone gave up some of their luxuries, then what?

seems like too simple a solution. and impossible. wouldn't it be more useful if people started contributing to efforts to beat the problems you listed? so instead of giving up that mansion you just bought, maybe putting some of your money and time towards a good cause? or do you not think that's enough?