Eyes and Ears in Global World

Everyday I see someone that is a different religion or culture, I am amazed on how we all live together in this new Global World.. Everyone looks so amazed, and then there are the people who are saying bad things about many religions and cultures in the closed doors of the world.. We should be open about our views about everything, I know that lots of people will be hurt, but if we are more open about things everything will work out for the better.. This will not happen in 10 or 20 years, but slowly it will improve the life of everyone in the world..

I heard a story of youth from Africa coming over to Canada, and Canadians going over to Africa.. The youth from Africa, brought picture over, and the public can see the amazing pictures that were up and around... Just by looking at the pictures you see how youth in Africa live, play, and view their countries.. If we expose youth to more cultures, and religions, there would be less problems in the world.. This isn't easy, but if we start as the very young kids then we can start to improve the world just a little bit.

Now that I am going to travel to India in November, this is totally going to change my way of thinking and understand the world.. Just by traveling to a one country that is a million times different then your own opens your eyes, and ears.. You don't want that music in your ears, but you want to explore and see everything you can and your eyes are open wider.. By opening your eyes and ears, you see more then you ever thought possible, and you get to understand the way the world works.. Just remember everything you see is new and different, and always be open to try more things.

This makes you want to change how you live your life a little so you are more aware of what goes on.. I have seen the people who change everything, that they are living totally differently after going to totally new country.. For me this is what I am doing now, trying to change myself even those I haven't been to a totally new country.. As for the people who go for a vacation to a totally new country and come back and do everything the same way, they really didn't experience everything.. All they gained was that they can now tell people they have been to the new country and have all these stories..

My whole thought was that in the world anything you do, you have to look at it with wide Ears and Eyes. Everyday I walk into the world and see people in their rich lives, and I am too which is really bugging me out, and then for lots of youth, I can (yes the killer), see music in their ears... I really feel that more youth are plugging into the music world which is great, but what about the real world out there that needs more help then ever before.. I believe we are becoming a world of listeners to a world of nothing, yep nothing, we are less active in our communities then we ever have been.. For me we are viewing less and less in the outdoors world, and more and more on the internet which is worse then ever before..

Last thought: I am going to tour the whole world, and see every place there ever is, and work in many different countries... You think that after seeing many many countries never is ever new.. If you have the right mindset, there is someone always new to see..

Comments

Anonymous said…
1. When i read abt being more open. I thought expressing more feelings towards ppl. Like telling them they're uncomfortable to them. That would probablay cause lil violence with the society we're in.
2. That is a great thought. Having students exposed to different relgions and way of life of different cultures bcs it's always we are racist bcs we arent used to that races' culture. Then we're in a bit of fear. If we ar exposed more often, we would get used to it.
3. Yeah, i kno abt you going to india. GOod luck there and have fun!!!! I'll miss yoU!!!
om said…
you said:

As for the people who go for a vacation to a totally new country and come back and do everything the same way, they really didn't experience everything.. All they gained was that they can now tell people they have been to the new country and have all these stories..

that's what i've generally done while travelling, because i haven't had the time to take things in! but i agree, there's so much to learn, and take away.

but one thing to remember.. you don't have to travel around the world to find something new and wonderful. it's all around you, just sometimes a bit harder to see.
Anonymous said…
I got this link off your sister's site! I wanted to comment that during every second of our lives things continue to change. People change. Societies change. Buildings come up and are taken down. How is this relevant? I don't know, but perhaps most things that we perceive as static change too, and that along with ur previous commenters, i agree that everything around us is constantly changing, but I suppose its a matter of being aware of it. I think you're right about being open! Someone once gave me a piece of advice on life that so resonates with your post: "change your perspective, and change it often!"