World environment Day

I remember that when I hear this saying "be the change you want to see" by Ghandi, it really helps me understand that if you live for the change then others around you will change that a little bit in a good way... As I live my life, I look at that comment day in and day out thinking how can I change my life to better the world.. Understand what in the world to change is the hardest thing as there are many issues that are dying everyday..

The biggest thing that I hate is that every year the UN has this World Environment Day, and they are always trying to switch the issue to draw the light on another issue.. I still feel that they should continue to have this day, but focus more on changing the individuals... This way people know they need to change their lives and if they do, they will in the end create a better world.. Now I feel that bring the attention to global issues is a great thing, but lots of people will look at these issues and focus on that for one year and then change and change and change.. This is not good, and we need to focus on the grassroots to get the issues focused..

As I look at the environment everyday, and see how we are shaping the world, with our cars, smog, air pollution, and all the trash that we get rid of.. Whenever I see something like this, I am confused on why there are so many people who say they are trying to help the environment, when they are not.. When you say this is ok, I have a hybrid car and now I am environmental, yes it is better but shouldn't we be focusing on making the car 100% environmental instead of looking for ways out? I try and tell many people that hybrid cars are just cleaner cars on gas when helps the gas industry anyways... We need to rethink the whole environment, and look at the start, that is why are people cutting down more trees and planting less in return???

There are so many issues out there in the world, and just to be able to choose one is so hard, but I know that if you really wanted to you could.. I look at something that has taken me by storm, and that is empowering youth to make tons of changes.. Everyday, I read about some youth that is making a huge difference or doing something that is totally amazing... When I see this, I am thinking how can we give more youth a voice in the world when they have none, and adults tell us them, "We don't care about your ideas".. I think that my mission in life is to take a few youth understand what issue they are really interested in and together create a way that they can solve that issue.. I am not talking about how to solve the issue then tell a few people who are a huge power in the world not at all.. What I am talking about is taking an issue, develop a plan to solve the issue, develop what will go wrong and make this happen...

For what it is worth, that is what I am doing, and I am trying to grow my base so everyone in the world will benefit.. Right now, I have a group of 2 people, but slowly this will work out for the best, and I will have a huge group of like 10 people.. If all of us 10 people work one issue a week then we will for sure win in the long run.. The biggest problem I have right now is that everyday I try and figure out how am I going to make money with this org, and nothing ever comes to my mind.. Does anyone out there now how to make money with an environmental group?

One big thing I learned today, if everyone in North America and Europe turned off their computers how much energy would we save? Well the only reason that can't happen is because of the internet, and many businesses would lose billions of dollars.. I would like to see this happen just to see the damage and how much energy we could save..

Comments