Snow Plowers.. Good or Bad?

I live in the West End of Toronto, and every winter I see that our street & sidewalks are getting plowed on and off. When other streets are plowed everyday when there is enough snow, our gets missed and is done very poorly.



The house I live in has a bus stop on one side of the sidewalk down a little ways, and a school at the end of the street. Every morning parents come to drop kids off for school, and the streets are hardly plowed making the drive very hard for them getting in and out. As for people walking from the TTC Bus to places of work, this is very hard to get to as the Street Plows just plow the snow on the driveways. There are a number of houses nearby and hard for everyone to shelve always. The number of times the Street Plow comes on the main street near my house is growing every year, yet the sidewalk plow coming is about the same every year. I have had to walk in snow that is so high sometimes I can barely get over the snow.

With this being the problem on my side of the sidewalk and street, I can't imagine how other streets and sidewalks are Plowed in Toronto. Would the city wake up and review how good the plows are doing in the city? I just feel that the city adds plowers instead of really looking where plowers are needed more.



My favorite thing about seeing the Plowers is that the seniors, people with disabilities & injuries can see that they are getting a nice clean area to walk along. I believe this is something that I enjoy seeing that the city is really looking at these people and saying we need to really do this for them. Also the city is making people who are lazy in doing shelving, even more lazy which is the downside.


As for a side note, I did see the Suzuki Diaries on the Nature of Things here in Canada. This is where David Suzuki and his youngest daughter Sarika went to Europe to learn about how they envision the Environment. The whole show was amazing and I got to see tons of great ways that Europe is way ahead of countries like Canada and the US. Even countries that have smaller populations then Canada are doing amazing work in turning the whole country Green. Below is the Promo for the show:




If you don't know who David Suzuki is you should read about him here: David Suzuki

Comments