Crazy iPod and iPhone World...

Everyday I walk around the streets of Toronto, and see people with Cellphones, iPods, & more, whatever they want but everything is for only one person... There are so many things that people don't need in this world, and I don't believe that a cellphone or iPod is one of them.. Why does everyone need a cellphone and an iPod along with many other things that are made for the individual?

Everyone says Cellphones are good if you are in an Emergency, but when are you really in one? There are many people I see who get a cellphone for that reason, then use it way more... Cellphones are attached to the hip, and used everywhere, and then everyone gets annoyed by them when they go off everywhere... Cellphones are also coming with more and more extras that no one in the world knows what to do with.. Who uses all the extras? Yes people use some of the extras, but tell me one person who uses all the extras on their phone, and you will show me something new..

As for the iPod, yes this is connected to your music, and videos, and soon maybe full streaming tv shows.. I feel that this is going nuts, as the music and everything on there is for one person.. All this iPod does is play something for the individual, with one person in mind.. The iPod is nice to have, but really people buy this so they are not bored when they are doing things that are boring..

My idea is that we should cut the core, and just not be attached to the world of the iPod or cellphones that are coming out.. Most of the time, no one knows what is going on in the world around them, when they are on these things... Everyday I am counting the number of cellphones and iPods used on the streets... They are growing ten fold everyday, and I dislike this, but something has to be gone to slow down this world...

I remember recently on CBC (TV/Radio Station) here in Canada, they ran a story about a guy who is too into the Cellphone world.. He has 2 cellphones, and really needs to slow down, and his family really wants him to slow down.. I feel this is the way the world is going, and not liking this at all.. Another thing, is that tons of times, you are meeting or shopping or doing something really nice, then the big thing called a Cellphone rings.. Why do people need any cellphone, why can't you just meetup with people, and not have a cellphone ring off the hook?

Lets just slow down the world, and not use any of these at all.. I have an iPod, and no cellphone, which is really something that I never want to have.. Cellphones are really annoying to me, and I don't want to be connected to the world that isn't important to me 24/7.. As for the iPod, the last time I used that was 2 years ago, and I feel that this is just because I feel I like hearing about everything going on in the world..

SLOW DOWN THE WORLD, SLOW DOWN YOURSELF, and CONNECT TO PEOPLE CLOSE TO YOU!!!!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
It all comes down to marketing and advertising. People are simply stupid. They don't realize all that money spent adds up and puts them in debt. To make themselves feel better, they buy more.