Tar Sands Bike Trip

There is a new whole Bike Trip that is going on in August, from the Alberta/US border right to the Tar Sands.. Everyone in the project is really pumped to get this started and really go for the whole trip... I haven't decided if I am going yet, but will make that decision as soon as I can.. The whole trip is about making people aware of the problems with the Tar Sands, and to show the people who are affected with the whole Tar Sands..

What my involvement with the whole project is to do the website for them, which is something that I am enjoy doing and really well have tons of fun with.. They will be using Wordpress as that is the easiest way to create what they want, and most people around the world is using that.. Then there will be a blog, photos, video, and so much more for them to just go crazy with..

The Bike Trip is going to be 3 weeks of fun more fun and just gathering stories, and writing ideas on how to take this project to the next step.. Even if I don't go, I will be involved in the project from wherever I am as much as I possibly can be.. We are thinking of what to do with the whole movement after the bike trip is over and thinking why not just continue with actions all across Canada.. Maybe once a year just have a huge action that would be something to look forward to, and we build up towards that..

This whole movement is something that I really enjoy and think that we can really make a name if we continue to go in the right direction.. The Tar Sands are really big, and they are creating something that is bad/good for Canada, and we need to just get the word out.. Right now from what I know, the Tar Sands are really making many people move to Alberta, and the camp for the Tar Sands is not really good news.. Other places in Canada are losing many people because they are all moving to the Tar Sands, which is really having a bad effect on Canada.. We should be encouraging people to stay in their own provinces, and territories as this will totally improve Canada and create a much better local sence.. To do the most for the environment we need to do this on a local front, and by moving everyone to Alberta, seems that province is getting the most attentation right now from Federal Government..

In the end, I am touching base with a lot of really amazing people that I feel have great voices in the world today... These people are really enjoying the work they do, and putting out the right amount of energy into the world.. My feeling is that, together we can create a better way to live for everyone.. The Tar Sands are just the start, as there will be more and more projects in the future to talk about..

Comments