Toronto Subway - TTC

Everytime I use the TTC, I see many things that are making the rides on the TTC so boring and like everyone is so died that they are really to be poked with a stick.. I feel like just acting crazy and giving everyone a smile, but that would be weird in the general public..

First, everytime some comes on the TTC they have to sit in a different place where no one else is.. I do this, only because everyone will feel weird "Why is this guy sitting next to me when there are seats all over the place?"... Then if there is no other seat avaliable away from everyone then majority of people will stand until there is one.. The other problem is that people will sit next to someone until there there is an open seat somewhere else, and just move.. Now this is really annoying as no one ever wants people to move if they are sitting next to them... When I see this I get very annoyed myself, like that person isn't good enough for them, and they have to move..

Second, whenever people want to get on or off, no one ever moves or says "Excuse me, may I get by please?".. For me, I have held up people before, but have been more aware of the problem and have stopped doing that all together.. Just today, I was standing there, and a women got up from her seat, no saying "Excuse me", or "Can I get by?".. I felt like I was being rude for not moving but I didn't even know she wanted to get up..

Third, people like to move from car to car to car just because they can't find a nice empty seat.. This is really driving me crazy, just because you can't find a seat that suits you, you move.. I have never done this myself, but this is something that just gets me annoyed... If you are in one car just stay there, that is the best thing to do at all, and you might meet someone who you like..

Fourth, I see that the Toronto Subway system is going to automatic calling of stations, this is nuts.. I was on the subway today with a real person calling the stations and he was so much more friendlier then any auto person... This person was happy and fun, and made me really think about every station I was passing by... I feel going to an auto person, would kill the whole system and get rid of the people who are really nice and like calling out stations..

My overall saying is that the whole Toronto Subway could be improved by 10000% if people were more friendlier and just didn't care where they sat.. Everyone wants to get from here to there without ever having to talk to anyone that they don't know.. I know that meeting people on the subway is fun, and I have talked a few people who have really made me happy to be on the subway...

People who really like the Toronto Subway should step up and voice opinions on how to improve the whole inside of the TTC...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sydney trains, well, at least when you are on a really packed train, which I have only had the pleasure of doing once, can be an exiting time too :)

It seems that our society is loosing its manners, at a slow, but a very scary rate.
om said…
i completely agree on the voice of conductor and niceness point.. in fact, i love it when we get the nutty conductors on the bart who tell jokes and make everyone smile.

however, i never talk with random people on the bart. i think they'd think i'm crazy. people seem to prefer their isolation.
Anonymous said…
Some of the drivers don't bother doing the announcements or make incomprehensible announcements. That's why the TTC is installing the automated announcement system. It makes it much easier for the blind to find their station.