Fear of Communication and Working Locally

The fear, I am working on this week is communication.  I'm not the best person to talk to others and in general communicate.  If this is in person talking to people or via text in an email etc, people sometimes don't understand what I am saying.  There are points when I am joking, and people don't get that I am or when I am suppose to be looking at people when I speak and I don't get there either.  I do look down a lot of times when I am speaking to people and my voice doesn't carry that far as this should.

I am working on improving my communications skills and seeing where that will take me.  I am going to need to step out of my comfort zone and really push to get in situations that are awkward for me.  The more I push myself to really speak to people, the more I will learn which in turn hopefully will improve my speaking ability.  Going outside to talk to more people is a goal that needs to be there and I can't stop doing that because I live far away from the fun I want to have.


Since I am starting to conquer all my fears this year, I have been happier everyday.  I really like talking to others about my fears and pushing them so hard that someday everything will explode.  The type of ways I have been conquering my fear of communications is to open myself up to taking on new and exciting challenges while fixing the inner problems I have that doctors can only fix.  Here to conquering the fear of communications once and for all.


Beyond communication, I have been trying to do more work locally where I live instead of hoping all the way down to a far away place even if this is ten minutes away outside of my ward.  I feel the energy of working locally has really inspired me to move forward and push my own boundaries.  Opening up to all the ideas and really speaking to what is needed.  The more locally I work, the better my mind is able to focus on me and really get me in a healthier place then I was on the previous day.  Locally also allows for me to get to know the area and really understand where I am coming from to gain knowledge that I didn't have before.  The balance of working locally and somewhere else in the city is hard but I am learning to do this more and more.

Comments