Small Changes to Big Changes

I have been reading this book: Sleeping Naked Is Green about a person who decides to take one green step everyday to reduce her impact on the planet.  The book so far is really good and there are a lot of small changes this person is making.  As the person says, the steps are going to have to get bigger and bigger as she goes along the journey.

Another book, I read and watched the film for is called No Impact Man.  This is about a man, his wife and very young daughter who live in New York City and try to live as low impact as possible. Local food, no transportation, no electricity etc.  They did really well but in the end, the guy thought making more of an impact in the larger citizen was better then trying to change himself.  I have always thought both ways were good if people could do them.


There are people who do make less of an impact on the planet, and they are not the ones to worry about if they have enough of what they need.  Trying to lower your footprint is a good and everyone should be making sure that they are living with as little impact on the planet as possible.  People should be required to take a 365 day challenge to lower their impact.


With that, making bigger changes are good too.  I am starting to take the small changes I am making in my life and amp them up 10 times to get a bigger impact in my life.  The biggest impact is the advice people are giving me, I am trying to take that to heart and really push forward to do them.  The newest advice I got was to go to toastmaster events and do improv which will both improve my communications skills.  Beyond that, I am trying to make my appearance look better to feel even happier in life.

Comments