Create a Schedule and Budgets

In the past, I have been able to get everything done that I needed to do in my non-personal life.  Over the last few years, my personal life has been pushed to the wayside.  To get around this, I have started to create a schedule that includes everything I need to get done in personal and non-personal.  The schedule is in a notebook which helps me look at this more often than if this was on the computer.  I am going to improve this every week as I dive deeper into the routines, I have setup, and really get hopping into the next steps.

Normally, when I create schedules, I don't follow these as everything gets messed up with meetings, and events plus people wanting me to do things right away or set times that are out of the blue.  With this, I have started to stop going to meetings, events, and do things for people right away until other tasks are done and all the steps needed to get something done by other people.  This will help me stay focused and not get out of step until I am done.

With a schedule, in the past, I have tried too create budgets.  My record of budgets has been iffy as I don't track the money coming in and out that often.  Yet, I don't really spend that much, and the money I make does tie me over for awhile because of that.  Yet even with that, I should put everything in a budget as that will make me more aware of the items that I could cut out and what money I have left over.  Budgets are suppose to get us in the habit of knowing where money is going and coming in and not suppose to be hard work.  I am going to set some time to start a create a budget for what I have spent over 2018, and see if there is anywhere I can cut out items plus add in items that I will need down the road.

As with all budgets and schedules, I am not the best with keeping them up to date.  This is why, I have moved over to using Trello and Google Calendar to make sure everything gets done.  Will, this help me, time will tell as I focus more on my personal life.

My challenges over the next 2 months are to make sure, I go over all my lists, and get everything I wanted to do earlier in the year, at least started, if not done.  Closer to the new year, I am going to have to start to create year long challenges for me.

If you have any challenges you want me to do, let me know in the comments below.

Comments