Reading My Way to Exercise

I had a goal this year, 2016, of reading many many many books but I always find a way to do something else.  My collection of books that have bookmarks in them is long, and need to be finished before I buy new ones that I will enjoy.  Recently, I have started to read more and get back into the groove of having a book around me at most times.  What books are you reading at the moment?

Last Book to Finish
Reading at moment

I will continue to update everyone on my book choices going forward with picking one favourite that I read in the past each time.  The books above are great as they really show that the food movement is moving forward in some positive ways.
  • The Locavore - From Farmers' Fields to Rooftop Gardens -- How Canadians are changing the way we eat is about how everywhere you look there are changes happening in the food industry all over the place from farms to diets to supermarkets to restaurants and more.  My favourite part is how this book is about eating local which I always try to do even if this is harder in the winter where I live.  
  • The Feeding The Future - From Fat to Famine -- How to Solve The World's Food Crises shows us how to work on all levels to solve a lot of problems that happen in food, yet this book is intense and hardcore as they don't think the average reader will pick this up.

Yesterday, I did some exercises that were high energy and made my body happy.  This is the first time I have done exercise in awhile which is strange as I do like working out.  I did this after dinner before I went to bed to make me tried before I hit the hay.  Is working out before bed the best time?  

Below are the exercises I did, which I got from Tess Begg's YouTube channel, for an upper body workout with the number of times to do them.
  • Burpees – 10 reps
  • Crawl into pushup hands normal – 6 pulses, 4 reps
  • Tricep Dips – 8 reps
  • Elevated Tricep Dips – 8 reps
  • Push Up Side Plank – 4 reps each arm, straight arm
  • Push Up Side Plank – 4 reps each arm, bent arm
  • Back Extension – 10 reps
  • Arm Tricep Push up – 10 reps each arm
  • Tricep Dip Leg Raise – 15 reps
  • Spiderman push up – 6 reps
  • Mountain Climbers – 30 reps
After doing them, I drank water and stayed up for half an hour more.  I felt really sleepy and even tried to read Feeding The Future which I mentioned above but went straight to sleep.

Comments