Bicycle Broken?

I thought my bicycle was broken for good and I would have to cut the chain to get this working again. Lucky for me that there are many bicycle shops in Toronto that are willing to help out. I went to Mountain Equipment Co-Op (MEC) told them my problem and they told me the solution. I did what they said and now my bicycle is back in normal working condition.

When a bicycle is broken there isn't someone we can call to come and fix this in a flash like a truck for cars. We need some way like a union that comes around and has people on call that can come and fix the bicycle on call. This would be best, and take no time to make happen if we wanted to do this in Toronto.

The whole city of Toronto would need a huge amount of cyclists around to keep everything flowing but if they are paid, we would have a great number of people. From what I know there are tons of bicycle shops but not enough as there isn't one close to me at all. I would have to get my bike on a car or on the subway to get my bike there as walking there is a bit too far.

I love the UofT BikeChain group that is on campus there. Every time I see them, they are able to fix bicycles for free and all the bicycles that come around. They just need more people on stand to fix bicycles, but they are all trained and well knowledgeable about bicycles.

This bicycle I have is much better than the one I bought a few years ago. I like this bicycle and moving me farer in the city of Toronto but still I need to lower my footprint, and I don't go that far with my bicycle. The fear I have is biking in winter in Canada as I have never done this before but I don't want to try and something goes wrong.

Bicycles are the future of transportation!

Comments