Coming Out to Parents

Last Tuesday, I came out to my parents about wanting to be femme after they wanted me to go get a haircut for the 1000 time.  They said, "Everyone who lives in this house needs to have short hair."  I got in a huge fight over everything that has been a problem between them and me.  The whole situation has had me scared to live here anymore, and their advice, which they have backed down from, is to move out within 2 weeks.  I actually have taken up that advice and trying to find a place within 2 weeks which is super hard but is what I need to get done.

The other problem with the situation is that I am trying to find ways to support myself.  I have been able to support myself on and off but never long-term as jobs and careers I have had in the past have failed even if I was doing well with them.  Since, I did say in an earlier blog this year that I have switched careers, this has been going well for my happiness but not for my pocketbook.  This is where I have to get organized and figure this out as soon as possible.

Beyond all of that, I have posted already two ads online to find a place to stay and hope they turn up something that will help me out.  The next step is to try other ways to find a place to stay even if this is a short stay that can help me find a longer stay in the meantime.


Why did I come out now with not everything figure out?  Will, the issue is that, I have been really upset with my living situation and this is one way to move faster with everything.  The second, and bigger reason, is that for more then half my life, I have known I wanted to be femme but only recently figured out that I wanted to do for sure.  Since that time, everyday has been a struggle with life, and I don't want to continue to live the life the way I am living now.

Am I getting the support, I need to since I have fully came out to my parents?  I am getting some support but is this enough, nope not at all.  There is a range of support, I could get but is that in the LGBTQ+ area, yes and no.  The yes part is that I am using online resources to get that support and the no is that I am not getting real world support.

What will I do about supporting myself?  I am not sure at the moment, but can say that I am looking more seriously at figuring out how I will support myself.  I have a few options that I am exploring at the moment but nothing yet is final.  I do know where I am heading later this year but in the meantime, I need to figure out everything else.


If you have any questions, comments, or thoughts, please leave them below and I will get them when I have a chance.  I would love to hear what other people think.

Comments

Kristina said…
Good job! It takes a lot of courage to do this.
unnoticeable said…
I take it your mom has short hair?

Well anyway, finding a job and your own place is always hard. If you don't make it in 2 weeks I hope you don't give up! It really is a major struggle these days.

Keep posting please!!!