Coming Out Update #3

This is an update from the previous posts in this series until I figure out everything in my life.

Making connections with people, I am trying to do that more and more.  The support online from the community is amazing and really helpful.  As I said in other blog posts, I will have to start to make local connections with people who can help me out more.  There are supports in my city but I haven't used them yet and will have to start to do that in the future.

I don't know if my family is going to have a meeting to decide this.  They might as I said earlier not talk about this and think I am just saying all of this to get out of having a haircut.  This is not the case, but I am unsure how to do anything more that will make them feel comfortable about the situation.  Will they ask questions, no, not at all, they will just go about thinking what they want to think.  They will continue to say, you have to support yourself, that is all we care about, nothing else.


What are my pronouns?  Well, I go by they/them which some people get but not everyone does as they don't understand.  I try and explain this to people but they never used pronouns that are out of the bi gender lens.  I am not upset that they don't understand as this gives me a chance to educate people.

What name do I use?  For the last few years, I have been using the name Amelia Rose as my first name.  Do people understand that my first name is that, nope, they assume this is Amelia or some Spanish version of that.  I like when others, not myself are able to explain this in plain language what my name really is.

Am I going to get surgery?  At the moment, I am not thinking of getting surgery as that requires a lot of thought and not for me yet.  Do I want to change my appearance, yes for sure, but I want to do as much as I can without surgery first.  I do want to get rid of some of my features as they annoy and upset me to look in the mirror and see the version I was born with instead of true me, I see in my mind.

Comments

Viola said…
Wow. Thank you for sharing this with us, Amelia Rose. I've been moved by what you've been posting.

I don't know much about using them/they as pronouns. I'd love to be further educated, so I can use them properly. :)
Anonymous said…
I totally relate to not seeing the 'true' you in the mirror, it is frustrating and weird. I used to avoid mirrors a lot. Oh well! Such is life.

-unnoticeable