Almost 10 Years Vegan and Happiness

Maybe I didn't mention this but I am vegan and enjoy every single minute of the veganism lifestyle.  The whole veganism moment has allowed me to explore and eat new fruits and vegetables that I would have never have thought of.  I have always been interested in food but not until I became vegan did I jump in with my face first.  Veganism has made me happier and wanting to live every moment differently.

I have been vegan for almost 10 years now, that is so long in my short life and even in the craziest places I have been, I don't really stop being vegan.  Do others know I am vegan, well only my family does and a few friends.  I don't shout from the roof top that I am vegan.  The reason, I don't do that is, I am not a person who puts myself first, there always has to be others first and me last.  Ever since, I started this blog, I have a way of letting out me and shouting without people actually hearing my screams.


The reason why I became vegan is two fold.  The first reason is that I was in India with a group of people, and one was vegan but stopped because she didn't want to cause any problems with the people she was living with.  Near the end of the India trip, she said, "I can't handle this anyone, and going back to being vegan."  I was so happy for this person, that I said, when I get back to Canada, I will be vegan, and I started the day I get back.  The second reason is the big back story is that I had a family member who was vegan for around 10 years, and then stopped but at the beginning, I was visiting them in university and saw a cool pamphlet on animal cruelty which interested me but I didn't do anything about that until I became vegan.


Beyond all of that, I have actually been happier lately and smiling a lot more.  The reason, I am smiling is that I am thinking about everything that is fun in my life and trying to do them more.  My thoughts are going back to the times when I had the most fun and really felt I was changing myself and the world all at once.

When was a time you felt happy that you were changing yourself and the world?

Comments