Mindfulness to Mentors

I was having a conversation yesterday about meditation and how that is something I should be doing in the morning, everyday.  I use to do meditation once in awhile but never really got fully into the whole practice.  One of the many reasons is every time I do meditation at length, I would fall asleep and the whole practice is about focusing on your breath with your eyes closed and not think of your thoughts that race around all the time.  There are people who do meditation by looking at one object with eyes open which can be even trickier.

The other part of the meditation is called mindfulness which is about living in the moment and not thinking about the past or future.  I actually will bring up my past all the time, which makes living mindfulness is super hard for me.  As for the future, when I write my mind jumps to that area and really wants me focus on that aspect of my life.  To get into the whole mindfulness process, I have to make major changes in my life.


The above image is exactly what mindfulness meditation is all about.  I feel the whole idea is calling me to do the challenge.  I want to do the meditation every morning for 5 mins to start and increase upwards.  To push that forward, I will try to do the whole mindfulness process starting in 2017.



Beyond that, I have really been happy to get help from a mentor to drive everything I am doing to another level.  Mentors are great if you are stuck in a state, which can be in anything you are doing, that you want to grow out of.  I am using the mentor to improve my blog and get the most out of the writing I do.


Have you ever had a mentor in your life?

Comments