Repeating Instructions to Cleaning Up

Since, I have worked in the technology field for a very long time, which I have switched out of, and still help people with technology problems, I get annoyed when I have to repeat instructions too often.  This also goes into other parts of my life but people don't really understand and ask "Why are you getting upset?"  I know I shouldn't get upset but I can't be sane 100% of the time especially to my family.

Here is the story, I was putting away food that was bought, and then I was asked "Can you help me fix the temperature in the veggies box?"  I was like sure but I have explained this to you before.  I said, "This shows the temperature is cold and hot.  The person said, "I don't understand that."  I said, do you know how a thermometer works?  The person said, no I don't.  Then another person in the room said, I shouldn't yell but the person I am communicating instructions to can, weird.

Looking back at the story, I see where I caused the problems.  Maybe, the main problem, I have is communicating with my family and that is something I have to learn to deal with more.  I can communicate better with people who are not my family but when my family is involved they push my buttons and make me want to scream.

How do you communicate well to your family?


This above list of dysfunctional families is exactly how I feel with my family.  I mean communication is a huge problem between me and the rest of my family.  I always seem in control of nothing even the communication that goes on.  The big problems is that my parents don't see me as doing the right thing in their list.  Even as experts say my generation has a harder time getting a job and making more money then their parents.  They look at my other siblings and make me feel "If they can do this, you can too."

I will talk about the family more later as I can't get away from the topic.



Beyond that, I have been cleaning up my room here and there.  Normally when I move into a place, I clean up everyday for awhile and then do this whenever I feel needed.  To combat cleaning whenever, I need a schedule to cleanup but even with that, I miss cleaning on and off.  I had roommates in the past, who were on schedule all the time, and I felt weird if I was not making the same effort.  When I am in my own place either with or without roommates, I make a huge effort to clean up.

Do you keep a schedule of when to cleanup?

Comments