Parents Problems != My Problems and Downsizing

I have always thought that the problems my parents have are always my problems too.  I know that I shouldn't worry about their small problems but I always do.  Seems the reason for that is, I am involved in helping solved many of the small problems so I feel that I have to get involved in others that I really don't.  Now that I am saying this out loud, I will be able to stop focusing on my parents problems.

Some of the problems are fixing their computer, raking the leaves, and many many more small problems that they feel I must help them with.  Beyond that, I get involved in other problems that I shouldn't have to worry about which is almost everything.  In my mind, I use to think that is the right thing to do but as I think about this more and more, I feel that I should get involved in that at all.


I feel that when I have to deal with my parents problems, all of mine are pushed to the side.  I can't focus on myself even if I want to as there is no way to say my problems out loud where someone will listen to them.  Since starting this blog, I have been dealing with my problems more and more, and focusing on them instead of other problems that are not mine.


Aside from that, one of the big things I have been doing in the last little while is downsizing with everything I have.  I know that I have don't have a lot of items but I really like looking at what I have and what is truly needed.  Beyond that, I also feel living in smaller spaces is great for me as I don't require more space and hope that whoever I date in the future likes that too.

The smaller spaces along me to think more and get out more to be around people in spaces that are unique and crazy.

Comments