Meeting Other Vegans to Volunteering with LGBTQ+ Community

When I am around people who are not vegan, I get really antsy more and more lately.  I have been trying to figure out how to meet more vegans that are going to accept me for me.  The reason being is that hardly anyone will come out to be vegan in a room full of people who eat meat.  This is the reason, I have been more active online in talking to people who are vegan and learning more about the vegan world that I haven't really been apart of.

The reason I bring this up now is that at the meeting tonight I was at.  For the first time, I learned someone else was vegan.  There has been one other person who might have been vegan but I could never tell for sure.  Having someone else who is vegan is great and really makes me happy to see others who are vegan.  The whole idea is, more people should be vegan as that will reduce greenhouse gas emissions ten fold.


I agree with the statement that is being made that I can't remain silent forever.  The more I speak up, the more people will listen.  Once I understood that I started to feel that 2017 was the year that I make more progress with the vegan world.  I need to be vocal and get more on the job of really pointing out what I feel and that I am vegan.



Along with all the vegan talk, my sense of wanting to do something for the LGBTQ+ community has been on my mind for the past little while.  I have wanted to really get involved in the LGBTQ+ world as that is maybe the last big community that I haven't been really apart of.  I am not sure what the next steps are but in the end everything needs to change for the better.

Comments