Parents Listening to Smiling

When I talk to my parents, they have seem for years to not always listen to what I am saying.  I know that my parents don't have hearing problems as they can listen to others no problem.  Maybe they don't listen to me most of the time because they already know what I am going to say or there is going to be an argument that they don't want get involved with.

When my parents listen to me, they are normally telling me to do chores or family coming over or having a party.  Everything else, they seem to tune me out as much as possible.  Is that something I really enjoy, no, because I can't tell them what I really feel about what is going on in my life even if I did want to.


I feel that if my parents were to give me more love overall, I would be able to tell them more about my life.  I know that this is a second way street but I have been scared to tell my parents anything for almost half or more of my life.  Ever since, I knew that I wanted to change my appearance, I believe that was the moment that I figured out telling my parents anything would be really tough.  Have I been more open in what I do say, yes, do they care to here about this, I don't always get the sense they really care.



Beyond that, I have really seen that if someone smiles, they really can change their day and make themselves happier.  Yet, for myself, people look my photos and they always say, your smile looks really weird.  I am not sure how to smile to make photos of myself look better.  Maybe that is a skill that you learn when you are actively needing to smile all the time or have people telling you how to do that.  This is similar to public speaking, when you do more speaking in front of people, you get more comfortable doing that.

How do you improve your smile?

Comments