Day #12 Travelling via Go Train

Today was an amazing day of feeling happy because I got to experience something, I have never done in my whole life.  I have done most iconic things that have been around since I was born in Toronto.  There is so many tourist and non-tourist items that people say you should do at least once, and I have done most of them.  A lot of them are done via public school because they are learning adventures.

Yet, there was still one thing that I hadn't done even and that was weird for me being that I lived here for so long.  Here in Ontario, we have multiple ways for people to get from city to city like most places around the world.  People can drive a car, take a bus via Go Transit or local city buses, take a bicycle, take VIA Rail, take Greyhound.  There is also one more option that is taking trains via GO Transit which I have never done in my life.  I have taken Go Buses but never GO Trains which are totally different.



I felt so out of place taking a train via GO and that the reason being is this was my first and there is also quiet areas on the train where you have to be as quiet as you can be.  I haven't been in those areas before but I heard they are really nice if you are going a really long distance.  I was sitting somewhere which was near the opening and closing of the doors and that was too cold.  There were also some people and didn't want to sit too near them.  When a lot of people emptied out of the train, I went up one floor to sit there and had a good time.

I really like the train because you get to see various parts of the cities you are travelling through in different ways.  You also are travelling much faster but the stations themselves are not too many which makes this hard to get to.  I also like that the  train is much quieter on the weekend and made me go to sleep on the way back in which I thought I missed my stop but I didn't.

Would I like to travel this again?  Compared to Toronto's transit system that can be loud and annoying any time of the day, I would say yes.  There are so many pluses that make this so much better.

Are there any downsides?  The only one downside is that the train costs way more then other ways of getting around in Toronto.  Yet, this is quite cheap and fast if you are going between similar cities.

People should try to travel by GO Train at least once in their life to experience the joy.

Please comment down how you travel between cities where you are from and what are the upsides.

Comments