Day #3 Email One of My Heros

Day #3 was a downer but then I got the inspiration to email one of my hero's.  I did a project years ago in early high school about a young kid that went around the world to try and stop child slavery and got all the media attention and even started an organization around the cause.  This person is named Craig Kielburger and has been an inspiration to me ever since.

After I did the project, I looked into doing volunteering but really got involved after high school.  I have been volunteering ever since.  My volunteer work is in climate change but have done different areas here and there.

Below is the email I sent to Craig.

"Hello Craig,

I was in high school in Toronto, many years ago and did a project on your journey around the world against child slavery. Now I am 34 about to turn 35. I was so inspired by that project and what you did, that I looked into volunteering that same day. I have never forgot that project I did. Right after high school, I started to volunteer on climate change and have never stopped. All of this is, to say, I have been inspired by you.

With that being said, I would like advice on how to get the courage to be out there and really show myself in the world? There is so much going on in my life good and bad which has allowed me to hide my true self for the most part. How do you show your true self in everything you do?"


My next goal is to meet one of my hero's that has inspired me to really get life together and push forward.


The biggest highlight as a result of volunteer was a bike trip I organized with many other young people across Alberta from the very south to very north.  This is on top of my volunteering in India for 3 months.

Book made about my bike trip in 2007.


Please comment below if you have or haven't got in touch with your hero('s).

Comments