Day #15 Using My Other Hand

Today was a strange day as I woke up thinking about this topic and made me think back to all the times I had ever had this in my mind.

I have been trying to use my left hand more with everything I do, trying to change my dominate hand from right to left.  Today, I was thinking, I really do use my non-dominate hand more often then I use to.  I injured my thumb the other day, and today, I was really feeling the pain.  I tried to change to my dominate hand and this was so hard for me, and felt so weird.


Looking back, the only time I really remembered using my left hand was dealing playing cards.  Yet,  I am now seeing all the time when I use my non-dominate hand without me even noticing.  This can be from opening packages to pouring soy beverage to many other places.  Yet, the big one, I haven't mastered is writing which is very hard to do with your non-dominate hand.

Going forward, I am going to try even more including writing with my non-dominate hand.  When you are using your non-dominate hand, you are using more brain power and different skills.  To make this a SMART goal, I am going to try use my dominate hand in one place that I actually notice everyday.  This is doable when I make sure to write down every time I use my non-dominate hand that I notice, and go more into details when I do the once a day full on push my left hand.

This leads me into my hobbies and how I can use my left hand in each of these tasks.  The first one is juggling which is not something I do everyday but I want to get back into, and I can try to start to juggling with balls in my left hand.  The second one is sign language and try to do signing with my left hand but I have to do more research if there are signs that need you to use one hand over the other.

Overall, using my left hand has made me happier than most days.  Finally, pushing myself hard on something that I have been thinking about for years is great.  As I get more into 2019, I have hope the big items in my life that have been around for years will be turning a corner as I solve major parts of them.

Comments