Day #9 Inspired By Friend

If you read my post about quitting online therapy, you will know that friends have been pushing and helping me to be the better me.  I know that people need to work out a lot of challenges in your life on your own but for me, being involved with others has really made me feel better and happier.



To give a bit of background on my new experiences for 2019, I know these are suppose to build to bigger experiences but I am keeping them small now so I can slowly build over the year and not rush to get everything done all at one time.  I use to say and do many times in the past that I need to get this and that done right away, right now but now I am taking the slower route.

The last sentence came to light for me when I was talking to my inspiring friend.  A bit of background, I never thought, I would have someone who inspires me to push myself hard and really help me out to the extent of saying you need a survival plan, to seriously get your life in order and is brave enough to talk about my appearance issues with me.  You will say, you had a therapist and were able to openly talk to them about your life.  Yes, this is true but my therapist was helping me on my big issues and this is isn't a back and forth conversation, where I learn about their life too.  With friends, you can learn about their lives and talk about your own too.

To go further on that, the friend is able to show their raw self and try to help people like this is second nature.  For one, the stories about how they have helped people in situations that would make most people feel really uncomfortable, is super inspiring.  Second, this person is really challenging themselves in different ways, and pushing their own boundaries.  With both of these, I personally feel happy and really energized to move further in my own survival plans.

In the past, there were many topics in my life that I don't speak about ever such as sexuality, drugs, and so much more.  My parents and the schools never talked about them which was a failure of society.  I still am not comfortable talking about them but I do understand more then I use to.  How does this related to my friend?  Whenever, I say something that is not quite right, my friend is able to pick up on that right away and tell me that I might not have all the knowledge on the subject that I need.  They also try to explain the topic to me from their perspective, which is really good as I can ask any questions I want to.

One of the failures of my growing up was, if my parents didn't know about a topic or felt something wasn't needed, they wouldn't push us to learn.  The two prime examples are the ones I listed above plus being able to talk about my feeling.  I had to learn as I went along with many topics on my own which was super hard and scary.  Having my friend is helping me along the way is a gem.  I can ask them the hard questions and they will not deflect the question like my parents would do or say nothing.

Overall, the reason, I find my friend inspiring is they are pushing me to do more and learn about society, my life and the people around me.  Also, I am inspired by what they are doing with their life and how they help so many people.

Comments