Day #4 Quitting Therapy on My Terms

This past year since I was fired/not fired from my job has really shaken me to the core and put me in my place.  Over that time, I have been doing online therapy called talkspace which has helped me in many ways.  I have been shown how badly, I can do everything in my life.  Some of what therapy showed me this time around was the same that real life therapy showed me when I was much younger.  Yet, when I was younger, I didn't act on the therapy actions that materialized.  Yet, the overall experience was amazing and I learned so much.


Now, today's experience was coming to the realization that I am quitting therapy on my own terms right now.  The reason being, I have a plan of action on how to move forward which needs to be executed in 2019 to make my life better.  I also saw, most of what we were talking about were going around in circles.  I need to break out of those circles of me thinking about the past and not being in the present moment.

You are saying, why quit therapy at all?  Therapy was working and helping you improve your life?  Can you not talk about different parts of my affected life?  Well, therapy was helping me tons and making me go further, faster but therapy isn't the be all end all.  I mean, I could continue on therapy forever, which some people do, yet at some point, I have to realize that I need to figure out my life on my own.

The other big reason is that I have a group of friends that are really pushing and helping me to be the better me.  They are also letting me be me, yet they are also listening to what I say, and giving me straight up feedback.  I haven't had these kind of people in my life ever but over the past year, I have grown to understand that these group of friends make me feel more alive than ever before.

Can friends always help in a way that better your life?  Not always.  I have a group of friends from volunteering and they are good people but checking in from their busy lives is hard.  This is why, friends don't always help you make your life better but as I said above they can.

Will I ever go back to therapy?  Who knows, at the moment, no because I need to actively work on my plan and get those sorted out before I can even think of what comes next in my life.

Comments