Doing Fun Activities with Friends

I have been talking to many people in recent days about what they are doing with their life.  This has really got me thinking about what I am doing, and how I am involved in certain few areas almost 90% of my time.  This means, I need to find hobbies that are outside of the usual box and to make sure they continue to happen. 

To go from doing volunteer and/or paid work in a couple of areas that is 90% of my time to including hobbies has been hard for me.  Since taking up sign language I have started to move this forward and look at ways to push myself.


The photo above is a direct example of fun I enjoy in hiking and rock climbing.  In the most recent sign language class, they talked about activities people enjoyed.  I have to start and do more of these activities that I have always planned to do but never felt I would get to do them as they are far away.

What activities do you find fun?


With activities, I feel the inclusion of friends would be great.  I do know a lot of people but they are always busy with life, volunteer and jobs which is the right way to live life.  I have to push myself to do happy, enjoyable activities and invite others to come along if there is a chance that could happen.  I am unsure if people / friends would come out even if I invited people.

The key might be that I have to use platforms that make inviting people fun that they will come out.  I don't want to make this a chore for anyone and a lot of the activities that I see around are not interesting to me.  I have to pick what I want to do that is super fun and invite as many people as possible.

To look at this another way, I wish that people / friends would invite me to fun activities they are doing.  Yet, I see most people I know besides my family at meetings or events.  This means breaking the mold is going to be very hard to do but will make me happier in every sense.

What do you do with friends?

Comments