Neighbourhoods to Empower Economic Sustainability

Most of my travel are going from where I live into the downtown as most of my meetings and events are down in that area.  I understand that if you do anything downtown, the four areas, north, south, east, west, can come into the area faster and easier.  From that, to get me into anywhere downtown, this takes about 40 mins to 1 hour to get there.  There are times when I say, yes I love going downtown but others when I want to scream.

I really want to focus on my area of the city, I live in to expand my happiness in the local area.  There are many ways to do that but one I always enjoy is walking around the area and being able to smile when I see how my neighbourhood is enhancing.


The photo above is people on a river nearby my place which has been the scene for generations.  People ride the rive in various different boats that are self powered to this day.  I also see people who are fishing or exploring the waterway by walking.  As I stated above, the neighbourhood is enhancing which is very true to the whole city.  I really enjoy seeing all people getting active in their neighbourhood which includes the waterways all across the city.

Where in your neighbourhood are the best pieces that make you happen?


Beyond the enhancement of my local neighbourhood, I see the enhancing of my economic sustainability.  In the career, I am in now, there is enough work for me to continue to do this for years which is great but has made me feel less empowered to give my own opinion into what I feel should be happening.  Once, I give my opinions, the people who I built the projects for have final say to take what I did or move to something totally different.

To move forward, I am switching careers in two areas that I feel will empower me.  I still enjoy freelance work, and hope that I can continue in that stream.  Both of these areas really make me happy and I already do them in some form.  The push is to turn them from volunteering meaning no paid to getting paid in an economic sustainable way.

How are you pushing forward towards happiness and economic sustainability?

Comments