Challenges of Dressing for Non-Traditional Gender

I will be doing a series every week from Monday to Friday on one topic that screams me to talk about.


Well, I am stepping outside my box this week.  I feel, this is the best way to live my life in the big unknown world.  The challenge this week is to try and dress myself as a non-traditional gender.  I want to be femme but only a few times have I tried the true femme dressing.  The truth is that I have a hard time stepping out of my box in this way.  I have fear that everything I am doing will affect my mental health and the people around me.  I always think about people who are around me first not me but I have to change the situation to think more about me.  If I start to think of myself first then I will feel happier and more proud of what I am doing in my life.

I do understand that my body is not the same as a femme person as I was not born that way.  Is this going to be hard to find clothes that are going to fit, yes.  I took a few clothes from a roommate that were being thrown out, and now that I try them on, they really don't fit on me.  Maybe, I am not as skinny as that person but I have never been into taking much time to think about the clothes I have wanted to wear.  This is super odd as I really love fashion and looking at fashion makes me feel really happy doing.  Maybe there are two parts that are missing from this concept, one being that my family is always wanting to buy me clothes, and two that I can't really buy the clothes I really want to yet.


Is dressing non-traditionally easier for some people?  I believe that this is true as I see some people being able to wear whatever they want.  Society says, "Lets put people in a box", how does that actually help when society is pushing people into boxes?  This is not helping anyone, as people should be able to dress what they want if this is not hurting themselves.  Overall, some people can wear skirts, pants, and much more with a flash of a wand and others have even a hard time wearing what they are suppose to in society.

Is shaving a hassle?  I dislike shaving my facial hair but I have to do this every week which is a shame.  If I could have no facial hair that would be amazing and I would love to have that free time that comes from that.  Beyond that, shaving my armpits, arms, legs and maybe even body would be weird.  Yet, if you show off your body, society assumes you have to do all of this.  In these days, people are wearing more sleeve-less shirts which means people have to shave even more then they use to.  For someone who wasn't born in a body that is use to shaving all my parts, yes this is a hassle.

Will I have the ability to be passing?  Passing = being recognized as cisgender in your non-traditional gender.  Is this going to happen to me?  I hope this is possible as all of this fun work is going towards passing.  Once, I have that ability, that will be the first step for me to feel my first goal has been met.  One concept that I am trying to do is make passing work without having surgery.


If you have any questions, comments, or thoughts, please leave them below and I will get them when I have a chance. I would love to hear what other people think.

Please support me via donating on my Patreon page.

Comments