Challenges of Dressing for Non-Traditional Gender Update #1

I will be doing a series every week from Monday to Friday on one topic that screams me to talk about.


I was asking people about places that I can shop at as I will need to get clothes that look femme.  One of the best places for me to shop at is thrift stores as I really feel that buying new clothes isn't really good.  I know that most new fashions are not in thrift stores but I really like to have a unique style and not really keep up with the newest style.  I also do like clothes swaps that allows people to trade clothes.  The only problem in those are the number of gender swapping ones are very slim in which allows people to get new clothes if they are swapping appearance.  The few times, I have tried to get clothes from a thrift store, I was super scared and knowing that people were looking at me like I was in the wrong section.  The other way to get clothes is online but I don't really have a way of paying for them like a credit card.

Maybe the way to go about the clothes is to keep a list of what I would like to get.  This will allow me to figure out what I am going into the store for and will not have stay for the eyes on me.  The eyes on me are really pushing me to not go into the stores to even try to get the right clothes.  Yet, I still feel that I need to push through this to be able to get the clothes.  Everyday, I am pushed down, and not wearing the right clothes, the less I feel like myself.  The whole reason for me to wear what I want is to make me feel happier, and really step out of my comfort zone.


How do I choose my style?  Well for me, I look at thousands of photos online and the styles that people are wearing out in the real world.  The style, I picked out of all the styles out there was based on my random thoughts in my head and how I see the world.  I think the best way was when I was younger and really trying to be femme and how I felt about my clothes style.  The style, I pick has been said a few times on this blog which is super femme.

As a fashionista, why dress stereotypical feminine?  The reason I choose stereotypical feminine is that I really want to wear skirts, super long hair and graphic tees.  All I want is to be in my own style but with a twist.  As someone told me recently that my pick of style is more leaning towards Avril Lavigne which is super femme but with a great unique style.  The main reason, I choose super femme is that I want to not look the way I was born at all.

Are wigs, the key to getting the femme look?  I think if you are starting out as a femme person, and want to have long hair but don't want to wait, wigs are really good.  For me, I want to grow my hair and wait for that to happen as wigs are not really my style.  The reason behind that is that even if I didn't want long hair, I would really go for a pixie cut.  The whole reason to go for wigs is to change your style in a flash without having to wait or having to dye your hair.  I would love to have a different colour hair but I don't want to ruin my hair.


If you have any questions, comments, or thoughts, please leave them below and I will get them when I have a chance. I would love to hear what other people think.

Please support me via donating on my Patreon page.

Comments