Talking to "Normal" People Update 4

I will be doing a series every week from Monday to Friday on one topic that screams me to talk about.


The story today is my city hall telling organizations what they can and can't do with grant money they give out based on critical that might not apply to all who want to get the grants.  People are again telling LGBTQ+ organizations what they can and can't do based on them giving a grant and feel is still really something they should be able to say...  If the organizations meet everything that goes into the grant, then there is no way in saying what people in the LGBTQ+ community should be doing.  They can change their rules for the next grant and make sure that organizations are meeting this but the rules shouldn't be tied to things that might never happen for some that apply.  The reason, I am talking about this, is that most of the time, people who talk about grants and giving them out are straight cisgender people and they really don't understand the LGBTQ+ community well at all.

The LGBTQ+ community has been pushed down all the time and in recent years they have been pushing back harder because they see themselves taking control.  This is great as they really want a voice in society and for people who are straight cisgender to not speak for them but for people who are living the experience to speak on their behalf.  You would say, how does this affect me, at all, well, I am part of the LGBTQ+ community for one.  The main reason is that being in the room today was difficult as I felt really sad about the reasons people thought would be good to tell LGBTQ+ organizations what they can do.  This is "normal" people telling others what to do and I have felt this way all my life.


Does giving minority group funding, give more criticize?  Actually, no but that doesn't stop "normal" people from thinking that is true.  People feel that criticize is the best way to make sure their version of the world is still around.  I do understand that, people need to be inclusive but is there anything that is 100% inclusive, not really.  Minority groups have been pushed down, and saying they want to not include people who have been pushing them down is fine.

Why do LGBTQ+ communities fight back?  LGBTQ+ communities have been pushed down and they fight back to make sure their voice is not lost.  I wasn't around when the community had to fight back at the start of the movement but I do know that people are still fighting back and getting stronger.  There are many ways to fight back, one is within yourself, and second is to help your community fight as well.

Is this right for anyone to speak for others?  No one should be speaking for others, doesn't matter the community at all.  There are so many people who are fighting and standing up for themselves, who you never thought would.  They key is, when you don't ask what others want, you are led down a path of sorry until you fully get the input of the people you are trying to help.  I have had so many people speak for me in my life and to push back and say no one more has helped me figure out my life.  If people are speaking for you and you don't want that, you have to try a little harder to speak your mind.  The time frame for this can be now or later depending on the situation but if you are in danger that takes this up ten notches.


If you have any questions, comments, or thoughts, please leave them below and I will get them when I have a chance. I would love to hear what other people think.

Please support me via donating on my Patreon page.

Comments